Saturday, April 21, 2012

Quinoa Omelets, Ezekiel Bread, and Brussels Sprouts

Dinner tonight was a TOTAL experiment.
First off, my oldest wanted to try brussels sprouts. So, we tried them. They didn't go over very well, but, my wonderful husband told the boys that even though they didn't taste great they were super good for you. Needless to say, everyone survived the one placed on their plate.
Second, I had found a recipe for omelets I wanted to try. Rick and I enjoyed ours, although, honestly, even with all the physical activity today (we did a 6-mile family fun ride and I did my 12-mile 1/2 marathon prep run walk) three eggs plus quinoa was VERY, almost TO filling. The boys were not super impressed with the omelets. I ended up telling them that there was no other food available till breakfast if they did not eat their dinner. After scraping the cheese off, two of the three ate theirs with no complaints. :-)
Third, I ran out of "regular" bread. So, we all had slices of Ezekiel bread with our omelets. NO ONE complained or asked any questions about it. It was the most successful part of the meal. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I am reading the blog now. :) Sorry it took me so long to get on it. I need more pictures of food.

    Are you going to put your successful meals on the recipe blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was debating about it.
    I know! Our laptop is experiencing technical difficulties with having the little card thingy inserted. That was the only way I knew of to get pics off my phone and on here. Rick showed me option 2 this weekend. So, hopefully pics will be coming soon.

    ReplyDelete